I think the decision to aim for the Olympic qualifiers was never really made but was always with me since my early days in a boat. I can't explain it, it's just the way it is; to compete at my best at the highest level. So, around September 2008 I made a decision to do something about it; to concentrate all my efforts into slalom training for the next while with the only aim being "to be able to look back and say I did my best"



This blog is the story of my journey
.




Summer 2010 roadtrip

I will be competing in three World Cup Races, Czech Republic, Spain and Germany. After five weeks is the Pre Worlds in Slovakia, with the Slovak open the following week.

Depending on my results at the World Cups I also hope to qualify for the World Championships in Slovenia.

Having never competed at this level before, it's going to be a steep learning curve, but thats what I'm here for.

26 June 2010

RACE DAY WORLD CUP 3

I was thinking that getting all the gates was going to be difficult when watching the demo runs last night. Some technical moves on some very physical water.

Run 1; I lost speed a couple of times and spun out twice which left me very slow. Feeling disappointed at the finish I was cheeed up realising I made all of the gates and then confirming only 1 touch. 46th out of 49 I knew I could do better.




I walked the course after with Ettore and we found some places to make up some time.

Run 2; The top half of the course went better than I could have dreamed, pefect, then I rolled through the stopper I'd been having trouble with all week. I took a touch on gate 17 and apart from the roll I was delighted to be over 13 seconds faster. But the results showed my first run to be better. When I hit gate 17 it looked like I pushed the pole out of the way to go aound, so I got a 50 sec penalty. Back to 47th



I know I've learnt alot here and I'm a much better paddler now but it's hard to be positive at the minuite.

OTHER HOBBIES/INTERESTS