I think the decision to aim for the Olympic qualifiers was never really made but was always with me since my early days in a boat. I can't explain it, it's just the way it is; to compete at my best at the highest level. So, around September 2008 I made a decision to do something about it; to concentrate all my efforts into slalom training for the next while with the only aim being "to be able to look back and say I did my best"



This blog is the story of my journey
.




Summer 2010 roadtrip

I will be competing in three World Cup Races, Czech Republic, Spain and Germany. After five weeks is the Pre Worlds in Slovakia, with the Slovak open the following week.

Depending on my results at the World Cups I also hope to qualify for the World Championships in Slovenia.

Having never competed at this level before, it's going to be a steep learning curve, but thats what I'm here for.

12 February 2010

25th October 2008

I headed back to Wales LLangollen, this time for the British Open. High water levels made a tough section in the middle of the course - loved it! Very happy with a clean first run, again a bit slow and again finishing 18th out of 20. Then I noticed some of the officials at the end of the course weighing boats before you could it back up for the second run. i put my boat on the scales and was told it was under weight - all new to me but i had to be disqualified. Everyone was very good about it and I was allowed to race again with my times being recorded but entered at the bottom of the list. A faster second run but with one touch still (would have) put me in 18th place. Just over 28 seconds off first place this time but with much stronger paddlers, must remember to add weight to the boat before the next race.

OTHER HOBBIES/INTERESTS